۱۳۹۳ دی ۱۸, پنجشنبه

!!!!Iran ranks seventh in the Report annual list of "persecution of Christians in 2014"l

.Islam is the official religion of Iran, and its laws must be in line with Islamic law. Only Armenians and Assyrians are allowed to be Christians, and even they are treated as second class citizens. Ethnic Persians are by definition Muslim, and any Muslim who leaves Islam is considered an 'apostate' and therefore 'unclean'. Churches are frequently monitored and raided by secret police; at least 75 Christians were arrested in 2014. In several cases prisoners have been physically and mentally abused, including threats of execution.

PERSECUTION IN IRAN

Taher had tried everything to stop his wife and children from believing in Jesus. He banned them from going to church, beat them, said he would report them to the secret police, and even threatened to kill them. But they refused to give up their faith, and ran away.
One night Jesus appeared to Taher in a dream. He hugged him and said: "I will clean you from all your sins, you are free. I will give you rest. Believe in me."
He went to the church that his family had attended, but people were afraid; they knew what he had done to his family and thought he must be a government spy. "How can I help you?" asked one of the leaders. He answered: "I want to give my life to Christ, but I don't know how."
Islam is the official religion of Iran and all laws there must match the requirements of Sharia (Islamic law). Only Armenians and Assyrians are allowed to be Christians, and even they are treated as second class citizens. Those who try to reach out to Muslims have reported imprisonment, physical abuse and harassment.
A Muslim who leaves Islam is considered an 'apostate' and is at risk of the death penalty. Muslims are not even meant to shake hands with Christians, touch them or eat their food. Muslim-background believers often meet in house churches, but these are frequently monitored by secret police and raided. At least 75 Christians were arrested in 2014, and in several cases they have been physically and mentally abused, including threats of execution.
Pastor Behnam Irani, who is serving a 6-year prison sentence, says: "Many of my cellmates in prison ask me why I don't just deny my belief and go back to my wife and children? I then ask myself: what cost did that the Lord pay to save me? I have decided to keep my faith in our Lord and stay in prison."

PLEASE PRAY:

  • For protection and wisdom for those who are reaching out to Muslims with the gospel in defiance of the laws against this
  • For strength and comfort for those imprisoned for their faith
  • Praise God that many Muslims are choosing to follow Jesus despite the risks. Ask God to help them to grow in their new faith.